Case Study: Hotspot Shield VPN – How To Promote A Non-Gaming Brand with Twitch Streamers
June 10, 2019 0 comments
Twitch, a rapidly expanding live streaming platform, has become a favorite media channel for popular gamers and their fans. It’s crowded with a very specific demographic, so it gives marketers an incredible opportunity for precise targeting like no other medium.
A recent project executed by Cloutboost leaves no doubt that adding Twitch streamers to your media plan is a ‘must-have’ in today’s influencer marketing world.
Have a look at this case study and discover how gamers can become a new target audience for your product.
Product: Hotspot Shield VPN, software with over 650 million downloads
Operating System: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS
Markets: US, Canada
- Establish Hotspot Shield as a go-to solution for Gamers with a focus on access and data privacy
- Drive landing page visits and product downloads
- Identify and recruit top Twitch streamers playing popular online games: Fortnite, League of Legends, PUBG and World of Warcraft.
- 4 popular Twitch streamers have been recruited for the campaign:
- Create an integrated long-term sponsorship plan to maximize exposure, engagement and influence.
- Host Twitch giveaways to drive higher engagement.
- Build a tailored communication strategy for each streamer based on sharing their personal experience with data privacy, reducing ping time, accessing restricted games, protecting users from DDoS attacks, etc.
- Sponsored Twitch streams. Influencers were mentioning the brand during Twitch streams highlighting the VPN’s product features.
- Giveaways. Twitch streamers promoted giveaways hosted by the Cloutboost team. We used the Gleam.io tool to set up and manage the giveaways. The platform allows you to run giveaways easily and is trusted by major influencers and streamers.
- Chatbot call-to-action. Reach and CTR have been amplified by activating chatbot messages with Hotspot Shield calls-to-action throughout the streaming sessions.
- Branding. Influencers engaged their audience through other platforms (YouTube, Twitter & Discord) by branding their handles with the Hotspot Shield logo.
- Ad Banners. Twitch Streamers placed Hotspot Shield banners in the channel’s Info Panel and Stream Overlay.
Successful execution of a Twitch campaign for Hotspot Shield VPN proved that a non-gaming brand can be a great fit for the gaming audience.
- Using a new approach to your communication strategy, you can turn a non-gaming product into a product of choice for avid gamers.
- Twitch streamers can be a great influencer marketing tool that leads to both raising brand awareness and skyrocketing your performance metrics.