Case Study: Preparing Darkfire Heroes For Battle
June 2, 2021 0 comments
Rovio, thanks to the world-wide success of Angry Birds, has quickly become one of the most well-known brands within the mobile games industry. It’s particularly true for the casual market. But they wanted to break through in the mid-core RPG genre. And with the upcoming launch of Darkfire Heroes — a free-to-play real-time, hero-based RPG with a massive campaign and multiplayer coop — they looked to leverage their wide-appeal and global brand awareness.
That’s why they approached CloutBoost. Rovio, recognized our past success in effectively building user acquisition and awareness campaigns for other mobile RPGs.
We took to the challenge by partnering with five mid-tier influencers who had built an extremely loyal fanbase, and were known for playing mobile RPGs to deliver engaging ad integration into their YouTube videos. As a result, we introduced over 9.33 million people to the world of Darkfire Heroes.
- Gain awareness and increase game installs across North America among RPG fans
- Promote and create buzz around upcoming launch of Darkfire Heroes and its “New Player Welcome Bonus”
- Select five Mid-Tier, mobile RPG playing YouTube influencers who were known for playing mobile games, had a history in successfully promoting RPG mobile games and built a highly engaged community
- Leverage 60-90 second YouTube ad integration as a means to help maximize reach and ROI
- Launch all 5 videos simultaneously for maximum traction and exposure
Here are a few of the campaign’s highlights:
- A total reach of 9.33 million.
- Video views exceeding 919k to date
- A 98% positive sentiment towards the videos